- “Like all 7-series models, the 740i is surprisingly deft for something so large, a supersized 3-series, a feeling enhanced by its lighter nose. ” — Car and Driver
- “It's a wonderful car, and there is no noticeable sacrifice for going with the smallest engine.” — Car and Driver
- “That this car is powered by a turbocharged in-line six rather than a V-8 is not an issue, because the 740i never feels as though it is lacking for power. ” — Automobile
- “We've also begun to tire of BMW's insistence that we have run-flat tires on every model. Even in the 740i's Comfort mode, there's still too much harshness over impacts for our taste.” — Edmunds.com
- “We give iDrive the big thumbs down. We wish it would be replaced with something simpler.” — New Car Test Drive
Copyright © 2004-2022 MH Sub I, LLC.