- “The helm points the 5's standard 16-inch wheels and V-rated Dunlop SP Sport rubber with Germanic accuracy.” — Car and Driver
- “Sure, there are some shortcomings: There could be more power, and we wish that fifth gear functioned more like an overdrive, dropping revs below the buzzy range at 70 mph on the freeway.” — Forbes
- “Head down the road in the Protege5, and the first thing that becomes clear is that with an extra 75 horsepower this car could easily chase down BMWs. ” — Forbes
- “The Protege5 does, however, offer a more useable amount of torque at a lower rpm than the Matrix: 135 lb-ft at 4000 rpm versus 130 lb-ft at 6800 rpm. ” — Motor Trend
- “it doesn't embarrass itself at the test track, returning a decent 8.82-sec sprint to 60 mph, and clips the slalom cones at a pace (66.4 mph) that would challenge most sports cars.” — Motor Trend
|Select other years|
|2003 2002 |
Copyright © 2004-2022 MH Sub I, LLC.