» Auto Repair
» What are Signs a Car Performance Air Filter is Faulty?
What are Signs a Car Performance Air Filter is Faulty?
Common signs of a faulty car performance air filter include the following-
- Your car will take a long time to start
- Strong exhaust odors during idling
- Very poor gas mileage
- Reduced power during running
- Engine catching frequently
- Coughing and spitting when the car is idling
- Frequently fouled spark plugs
- A visual inspection of the air filter will also show a clogged and dirty filter.
Air filters can get dirty and you have to change them every 12,000-15,000 miles to ensure that your car will run properly.
For more info, see Common Air Filter Problems
If you enjoyed this article please consider sharing it!