What Rental Car Companies Allow the Car to be Returned in a Different State
If you are planning a trip to another state, there are a number of factors you may want to consider when deciding if you want to use the services of a rental car company, and which one you would want to use. Along with the normal issues, such as what kind of vehicle you may want and planning out mileage and the cost of gas, you will want to find out which rental car companies allow the car to be returned in a different state. We have reviewed the top seven rental car companies; Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National.
- Alamo has two-hundred and sixty-seven locations across the United States that you can drop off a rented vehicle at. However, depending on the location and the time of year, you might have to pay a drop charge.
- Avis has a really easy-to-use website where you can calculate the nearest location to the pick-up and drop-off addresses. They will allow you to return the vehicle at any location.
- Budget has a free pickup service when you book online. However, they seem to have a number of dates sold-out, so you might want to plan ahead if you decide to use this company. They do allow the vehicle to be returned in a different state.
- Dollar Rent-a-car has a website that is somewhat difficult to navigate, and it is necessary to have some knowledge of the pick up and drop off locations. They do allow the vehicle to be returned in a different state, however they will charge you a one-way drop fee.
- Enterprise does not allow cars to be returned in different states.
- Hertz has free pickup available, and allows the vehicle to be returned to any of their 1600 locations.
- National allows you to drop off a vehicle from another state. However, like Alamo, they might incur a drop charge, depending on the location and time of year.
Each of these seven major car rental companies has a website where you can customize your trip. Good luck, and happy travels!