4x4 Pricing Guide
Knowing the average 4x4 pricing is important to know before you go into a dealership and try to work a deal. 4x4 vehicles are great for those who do a lot of off road driving, or also for those that are in areas that get greater snowfall. Here is some information on various 4x4 (4WD) vehicles, as well as some prices for each.
The Xterra will cost anywhere between $22,000 and $29,000 dollars. It has a 4.0 liter V6 engine with 261 horsepower. It has decent fuel economy at 21 miles per gallon on the highway, and 16 miles per gallon in the city. The Xterra received decent crash test ratings, scoring four out of five stars on most tests. For rollovers, it scored three stars, meaning that the chance of a rollover during a crash is about 25 percent. Nissan offers a warranty of three years and 36,000 miles, as well as a five year powertrain warranty.
Jeep has come out with a few new models over the past few years, such as the Patriot and Compass. Here are the four three Jeep models.
- Grand Cherokee: The Cherokee is a mix of luxury and off road handling. They typically run in the $30,000s range. There are five engine types, including one that is a 6-liter hemi engine for extreme power. The more powerful the engine though, the lower the fuel efficiency as it only gets about 12 miles per gallon, compared to 18-19 miles to the gallon on the base model.
- Patriot: The Patriot is one of the least expensive vehicles in its class. You should be able to find one for well under $20,000 and even as low as $17,000. For being one of the cheapest cars on the list, it gets some of the best fuel mileage. It gets 29 miles per gallon on the highway, and 23 miles per gallon in the city.
- Liberty: The Liberty is also a staple in the Jeep line. It had a design overhaul, but still costs around the same at about $25,000 dollars. It comes as a 6-speed automatic, 210 horsepower V6 engine, with a V8 upgrade. It gets about 17 miles per gallon combined fuel economy. It offers pretty much the same as other cars on the list, and may be a slight downgrade.
Ford Truck Pricing
Ford also has a great line of 4x4 vehicles on the market.
- Ford Explorer: The Explorer can run from around $28,000 to $36,000 dollars. The Explorer comes as a V6 engine but can also be a V8 for an even powerful car. The Explorer did well on its crash test ratings receiving both scores of Good and four or five stars.
- Ford Escape: The Escape is one of the newest hybrid SUVs on the market. It comes with a much higher price at around $29,000. However, for a 4x4, it gets incredible gas mileage. It can get 34 miles per gallon on the highway, and 31 miles per gallon in the city. It is the best for fuel on the list, but you may want the base model at about $8,000 less.