How to Choose a Commercial Car Wash
Having your car washed at a commercial car wash is preferable to washing the car yourself as you not only make it easier on yourself but also ensure that you don’t cause damage to the environment by letting waste water pass through the storm drain into nearby rivers or streams. Although you have to pay to get your car washed at a commercial car wash, you must think about the amount of money you would be paying for the water you use to wash your car at home.
How to Choose a Commercial Car Wash:
- Consider using car washes in your neighborhood and visit them before you use them. You can observe the way they function and also ask questions to the employees about the products they use and the services they offer.
- Alternatively ask your friends to recommend good car wash facilities in your area.
- Check the Better Business Bureau as it can give you valuable information about the reputation of the car wash company you select. A professional car wash company is one that uses quality products and provides an array of services at competitive prices.
- As a general guideline, the car wash price at a self service car wash facility is much lower than the price at an automatic car wash. But you must remember that you will have to exert time and effort to do all the work on your own if you use the self service wash.
- Hand car wash facilities offer you trained employees who hand wash and dry the car. These facilities are also likely to charge more than self service facilities. Weigh the pros and cons and then make your choice.
- Even at self service car wash facilities, prices vary depending on the facilities you would like to avail of. A simple car wash will be cheaper than a car wash that includes a presoak and vacuuming of the interiors.
- Automated car wash systems are ones where the car owner doesn’t do any of the work while touch-less car wash systems are ones where the car isn’t touched by any employee. The car is cleaned with high pressure water sprays and cleaning products.
- The more reputed a car wash facility, the better the services it will provide and the higher the prices charged. Keep this in mind when selecting any company to wash your vehicle.
- It is best to pay a little more if you know that the facility is renowned for doing the job well. A cheap car wash might prove expensive if your car ends up with car paint damage and scratches.
- Select a facility that uses eco-friendly products as these aren’t damaging to the environment. Make sure that the car wash facility doesn’t use brushes or abrasive towels on the panels of the vehicle. Use of cotton towels can leave you with scratches on the car’s surface.
Having your car washed at a commercial car wash is an environmentally sound option as these facilities use less water and most of them recycle the water to reuse it. Such facilities also ensure that waste water is sent to the sewer system where it can’t harm the environment or be a threat to aquatic life.