Which is the Best Used SUV to Buy? 7 Top Models to Consider
You want to consider which is the best used SUV to buy. These SUVs will be excellent vehicles, are reliable, perform well on road tests, and much more. Vehicles change as they age and many individuals prefer to purchase a used vehicle because they are considerably less expensive. While you want a great SUV value, you also want a vehicle that will last.
- Chevrolet Equinox: One of the most reliable SUV models available is the Equinox. The fuel mileage is actually pretty good for an SUV and it has good performance. Inside the cabin there is plenty of room and the seats are very comfortable. The second room seats are split, so you can adjust them for more cargo room or more leg room depending on your needs. This SUV has high crash test scores and an affordable price.
- Mitsubishi Endeavor: The Endeavor is a midsize SUV that handles like a car. It has good crash test performance and is solidly built. This is a great choice for a family vehicle. Perfect for a family of 4 or 5 and costs much less than other models in its class. This is a very reliable vehicle that offers a comfortable ride.
- Chevrolet Tahoe: The Tahoe is an attractive and stylish large SUV that provides a comfy ride and excellent performance. The cabin is quite roomy and can fit up to 9 passengers. It also has a V8 engine, which is powerful enough for towing and other heavy jobs.
- Nissan Pathfinder: This is another highly recommended midsize SUV. This SUV had a unibody construction. The highly rated used SUV is from the second generation of this car made from 1996 to 2004. This comes with 4WD, anti-lock brakes and a V6 engine to name a few features. Inside is very well designed for comfortable and easy driving, and it has sporty performance.
- Subaru Forester: The Forester is a small SUV that drives like a car and has excellent safety features. It handles well in all types of weather and has one of the best fuel economy statistics for 4WD SUVs. Subarus stand apart from others because they use Symmetrical All Wheel Drive. The inside is rather plain, but it is very practical. The ground clearance is low but it is high enough that you do not have any issues with pot holes or bumps.
- Toyota RAV4: The RAV4 is an excellent choice for those that want a practical but small SUV. It is stylish and offers excellent fuel economy. The visibility is excellent when driving, as it has a tall driving position. All of the controls are easy to use and in logical spots. While it gets good gas mileage and has good handling, it lacks a bit of power on highway driving and the space in the rear is a bit small.
- Honda CR-V: This SUV has a very roomy interior. It has excellent reliability and pretty good fuel economy. The rear seats are completely adjustable and can be folded down creating a huge cargo space. Underneath the floor carpet is a foldable picnic table that is also a cover for the back storage. The handling is like driving a car, though a little stiff. The SUV received 5 stars out of 5 for NHTSA crash tests.