8 Trucks that Have the Best Fuel Mileage - Pickup MPG
Pickup trucks are not known for having the best fuel mileage, but that is starting to change. Many pickups are getting well over 20mpg these days. Every year the EPA releases data featuring the vehicles with the best mpg being sold in America. Here is a short list of the best of the best when it comes to 2010 high mpg pickup trucks.
- 2010 GMC Canyon - 23mpg - This 2 door truck comes in a variety of different trim levels. It manages 17 mpg in the city and 23 on the highway. A manual transmission is standard and the five cylinder engine gets the best gas mileage of regular size pickups.
- 2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Hybrid - 22mpg - This hybrid is a 4 door truck that is available in four trim levels. It manages this type of mpg with a 6.0 litre eight cylinder engine. It comes with an automatic transmission standard. Prices range from $38,000 all the way up to $48,000. It gets 21mpg in the city and 22mpg on the highway.
- 2010 GMC Sierra 1500 Hybrid - 22mpg - Another hybrid comes in at number three. This is a 4 door truck that is available in four trim levels. It gets 21mpg in the city and a whopping 22mpg on the highway. It is available in 4x2 and 4x4 versions. A 6.0 litre eight cylinder engine with an automatic transmission is standard.
- 2010 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 - 21mpg - This truck comes in six different trim levels and is available as a 4x2 or 4x4. It starts at $35,000 and runs up to $47,000 for the top of the line model. A 5.3 litre eight cylinder engine is standard, paired with an automatic transmission.
- 2010 Chevrolet Colorado - 20 mpg - This 2 door truck comes in 16 different trim levels, letting you configure your truck just the way you want it. Prices range from an inexpensive $16,000 up to around $25,000. While a four cylinder engine is standard on the lower priced models, on the upper end you get a 3.7 litre five cylinder engine. It comes in 4x2 and 4x4 versions. Crew cab options are also available.
- 2010 Honda Ridgeline - 20mpg - This 4 door truck is available in four trim levels and starts at $26,000 and goes up to $36,000. It comes standard with a 3.5 litre six cylinder engine that achieves 20 mpg. Like the rest of the trucks on this list, it is available as a 4x2 or 4x4 version.
- 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac - 19mpg - This Explorer is a 4 door vehicle that comes in five different trim levels. A six cylinder is standard, as is an automatic transmission. Prices range from $28,00 to $35,000. It manages 19 mpg on the highway.
- 2010 Ford Ranger - 19mpg - Nine trim levels are offered on this 2 door pickup truck. It comes in 4x2 and 4x4 versions. Prices start at $17,000 for a four cylinder version and head up to $25,000 for a six cylinder engine.
No matter which one of these trucks you choose, you will be getting a great vehicle that squeezes a lot of miles out of a gallon of gas.