16 Tools You'll Need for Installing a Car Radio
Installing a car radio takes several tools. The best place to find the necessary tools for you r particular stereo system can be found in the car stereo instructions. This article will give you the general tools necessary to install a car stereo.
- Several Philips Head and Flathead Screwdrivers: It is important to have as many sizes of each as you can. The car stereo will have many different types of screws.
- Soldering Iron: To solder necessary wires
- Angled Screwdrivers: For those screws that are impossible to reach with a normal screwdriver.
- Electrical Tape: Electrical tape is used because it can withstand the most temperature.
- Basic Tool Kit: This will have all the various sockets, pliers, and wrenched you will need.
- Wire Cutters/Strippers and Crimpers: This helps remove the installation to expose the needed wires.
- Hot Glue Gun: This helps repair the flooring that had to be removed
- Tape Measure: To help keep your wires the right size. It will also help in measuring the size of subwoofers, if you plan to install them.
- Multimeter: This meter tells you if the installation was done correctly and if not what’s wrong.
- Metal Drill and Saw: these tools are used to create the new holes for speakers etc.
- Razor Knife: For any necessary cutting
- Wire Ties: To keep all the wiring neat and organized
- Hammer: To help start stubborn holes
- Extra Hardware: Things like screws, bolts, nuts, etc
- Fuse Puller and Extra Fuses: To remove the old fuses and add in new ones
- Flex Tubing & Shrink Wrap Insulation: Protects newly installed wires